Buffalo Bills at Baltimore Ravens (1:00 pm EST)
- Ravens are 2-2 over the past four Kickoff Weekends.
- Joe Flacco passed for 3,141 yards in 2017. He’s gone over 4,000 yards just once in his NFL career but the team drafted two tight ends and signed three veteran receivers to help give Joe some better weapons.
- Of the five players with the most catches for the Ravens last season only one (Buck Allen) is still with the team.
- Former Ravens receiver Anquan Boldin will be honored as the team’s “Legend of the Game” during halftime.
- The Ravens secondary led the NFL with 22 interceptions last season but will be without cornerback Jimmy Smith for this game due to suspension.
- Last season the Ravens signed Alex Collins after the Seahawks released him. He finished 2017 with 973 rushing yards. If he can manage 1,033 yards this season he would be 5th all time in rushing yards for the Ravens franchise.
- The Bills allowed an average of 149.2 rushing yards per game and six scores from December on last year.
- Eight touchdowns were given up by the Ravens last season to opposing tight ends.
- The Ravens led the league in turnover differential last season (+17). They went 8-1 last season when they won the turnover battle.
- In two years at the University of Pittsburgh, Bills QB Nathan Peterman had 47 touchdown passes. Flacco had 41 in his two seasons at Delaware.
- In his first NFL start Peterman threw five interceptions against the Chargers and was benched at halftime.
- Joe Flacco had one passing touchdown or fewer ten times last season.
- The Ravens are 4-3 all-time against the Buffalo Bills.
- The Ravens enter Week 1 with a 46.9 percent chance to make the playoffs, according to NumberFire.