After 5 long, grueling games, the 2018 NFL Preseason has finally come to an end for the Baltimore Ravens. It’s been a long, strange trip to get here, one that started with the promise of actually having all our starters not being injured for the first time in 40 years, and one where we were still debating if Lamar Jackson might be ready to start Week 1. A lot has shaken itself out, and some things we hoped WOULD shake itself out…hasn’t really at all.
By 4pm on Saturday, the Baltimore Ravens will have to submit a 53 man roster to the NFL, exposing some nearly 40 players to waivers or free agency. While that 53 man roster might not be the same one that trots out Week 1 against the Buffalo Bills, some of the Purple Reign Staff give their cracks at which bubble players should survive the cutdown on Saturday:
Joe Hamilton (@hoejamilton)
- Dixon makes it as 3rd RB, simply because one of Thompson, Edwards, or Turner should make it to the P-Squad.
- Lasley wins a job over Perriman and Grant wins return job over White (for now, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s replaced by a FA on Sunday).
- Maxx Williams makes the roster to step in for Hurst for first couple weeks.
- Bozeman and Siragusa make the team, but Siragusa could be cut on Sunday to make room for a backup T. Eluemunor should be able to be added to P-Squad.
- Sieler and Wormley make it on the DL, while Kaufusi might have shown enough to generate a conditional pick trade.
- Chris Board makes the team, especially with new concerns about Kenny Young’s knee.
- Kai Nacua’s INT (along with unfortunate injury to Jean-Baptiste) earn him a DB spot.
And finally, RG3, welcome back to the NFL, you’re a Raven.
Matt Wise (@themattwise)
IN: Griffin, Dixon, Williams, Lasley, Grant, Eluemunor, Bozeman, Wormley, Sieler, Board, Nacua
OUT: Turner/Thompson/Edwards, Perriman, Posey, White, Waller, Siragusa, Donnal, Kaufusi, Davis, McClellan, Vedvik
James Revere (@pjmrevere)
Lamar and RG3 get more time to continue the mentor-mentee relationship, as Griffin makes the team. Lasley, however, will find his way to the IR list. Perriman has seen his last snaps as a Raven with a poor effort in his final game, as both Tim White and Janarion Grant get to continue battling for return duties as both make the final roster. Bozeman will be the starting Center by Week 4, so he makes the team. Kenneth Dixon “wins” the 3rd RB spot by not losing the battle to any of the Undrafted RBs. Kai Nacua makes the squad as a result of Jean-Baptiste’s bad luck injury. Vedvik continues his NFL career, but alongside the likes of Graham Gano and Wil Lutz, as he will be playing for a different NFL team than the Ravens.
Phil Gentile (@ihatejjredick)
IN: Maxx Williams, Robert Griffin III, Mark Thompson
OUT: Darren Waller, Kaufusi, Kenneth Dixon, Perriman
Get a feeling we will see quite a few Ravens Draft picks hitting the unemployment line. Really hoping the Ravens can somehow keep Vedvik or, at the very least, trade him for something.