Watched the Ravens offense vs Rams defense on Field 2
There were some chippy moments during team periods. No fights, but there was maybe a little extracurricular contact on some plays that brought both sidelines onto the field 2 or 3 times. The intensity level increased noticeably during 11-on-11 periods, especially when the Ravens turned on the music.
The first song was ‘Seven Nation Army’ and even at a practice it’s hard not to get pumped up when that comes on.
Overall, the offense made some plays on the ground and through the air but also had their fair share of dropped passes and interceptions.
Players that I noticed:
• Caught almost everything thrown his way
• Made a nice diving catch down the right sideline and several over the middle in traffic
• Looked physical, not afraid to sacrifice his body to make catches
• Looked decisive, got the ball out quickly and was accurate
• Hit WR Andre Levrone on a deep ball down the right sideline after scrambling to avoid the rush
• Hit TE Mark Andrews down the middle for a long TD (Andrews was wide open, appeared to be a busted coverage by the Rams)
• Hit WR DeVier Posey in a two minute drill setting up a FG by kicker Kaare Vedvik. Posey did a good job breaking off his route, coming back to the ball and getting his feet in bounds before stepping out to stop the clock.
• Ran in for a TD during a red zone period off a zone read concept
• Made a nice leaping catch over the middle in traffic
• Showed his run after the catch ability after catching some balls on underneath routes
• Looked quick & explosive, caught a ball in the flat during a red zone period an outraced the defender to the front corner of the end zone
• At punt returner, made a nice cutback across the field and was on his way to a return TD before the play was blown dead. Grant held out the ball late, taunting a Rams defender who was behind him and was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. Jerry Rosburg was HOT! Got in Grant’s face right away and let him know he didn’t care for the showboating.
• Made catches in the middle of the field and along the sidelines
• Also caught a short pass in a tight red zone period (10 yard line) and beat the DB around the corner for a TD.
• Made two really nice catches
• Had to extend away from his body on both
• One near the right sideline and the other a diving catch over the middle
• Collins had a long run, bouncing off & spinning away from tacklers
• Gus Edwards and Mark Thompson both flashed with a couple of nice runs each
• Edwards and Thompson also made some plays in the passing game, catching the ball out of the backfield, making the first defender miss and turning them into nice gains